Monday 16 July 2012

Overview of the CryENGINE 3 Sandbox User Interface

10 Tips and Tricks of the Sandbox User Interface



I've used cryENGINE for ARCH1101 but I found out some new knowledge whilst watching the tutorial on the "overview of the CryENGINE 3" that i initially didn't know. These shortcuts and tips and tricks will help my overall workflow :)


1. By right clicking perspective at the top left of the screen, under terrain opens a dropdown list, I was particularly interested in the subsection of the list called "view" where you could change the viewport camera being top, front, left, perspective, map view model preview and zview.


2.  Holding the Alt and the middle button together will allow you to rotate the object around.


3. Another shortcut that I did not know was right clicking the aspect ratio numbers on the top right hand corner next to the roll up bar to change the viewport size.


4. Using the Middle mouse button allos you to swiftly go through your environment.


5. Ctrl+Shift+Clicking somewhere with an object selected quickly moves the object to that position when in move mode.


6. A shortcut to the material editor is by pressing the M key which will will automatically open the Material editor.  


7. Again, by clicking perspective a separate subsection under the perspective options were other important aspects of sandbox, the ones which I will be using regularly is the flow graph, material editor, terrain editor, terrain texture layer and the time of day.


8. Something that may be not that useful to some people is using the wire frame view which could be turned on with the F3 button.


9. A button that has another subtle short cut is the back button on the top left of the screen, you have to click the small arrow button next to the back button on the top to quickly select the previous changes you've made to the environment without constantly clicking the back button.


10.There is a search bar right next to the aspect ratio clicking it and typing an object name I've put into my environment that I want to modify, remove, or add to it I can to it efficiently by using this method. I have never used this feature so it would definitely help me find the objects that I placed in the environment much more quicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment